- I was visiting a friend one evening and remembered that he had three daughters. I asked him how old they were. "The product of their ages is 72," he answered. Quizzically, I asked, "Is there anything else you can tell me?" "Yes," he replied, "the sum of their ages is equal to the number of my house." I stepped outside to see what the house number was. Upon returning inside, I said to my host, "I'm sorry, but I still can't figure out their ages." He responded apologetically, "I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that my oldest daughter likes strawberry shortcake." With this information, I was able to determine all of their ages. How old is each daughter? You have enough information to solve the puzzle.
3, 3, and 8. The only groups of 3 factors of 72 to have non-unique sums are 2, 6, 6 and 3, 3, 8 (both add up to 14). The presence of a single oldest child eliminates 2,6,6.
- Two women apply for a job. They are identical. They have the same mother, father and birthday. The interviewer asks, "Are you twins?" to which they honestly reply, "No".How is this possible?
Because they were triplets
- What is special about the following sequence of numbers?
8 5 4 9 1 7 6 10 3 2 0
The numbers are in alphabetical order.(eight, five, four, nine, one, seven, six, ten, three, two, zero)
- The Last Stand
Bhagat Singh finds an old lamp in front of him and rubs it. Out pops a genie. The genie grants Bhagat Singh one wish, with a catch. He says, "Whatever you wish for, each Bitisher will get two of the same thing."
Bhagat Singh thinks:"If I get a bow and arrow they get two. If I get a rifle they get two!" He then rubs the bottle again and out pops the genie. "Well", the genie asks "have you made up your mind?"
What did Bhagat Singh ask for to help him get away?
One glass eye.
- A glass of water with a single ice cube sits on a table. When the ice has completely melted, will the level of the water have increased, decreased or remain unchanged?
Remain unchanged. When frozen, the ice cube displaces its weight.
- Tom's mother has three children. One is named April, one is named May. What is the third one named?
- What is it?
The Pope has it but he does not use it.
Your father has it but your mother uses it.
Nuns do not need it.
Arnold Schwarzenegger has a big one,
Michael J. Fox’s is quite small.
What is it?
- Sherlock Holmes and the Broken Window
One snowy night, Sherlock Holmes was in his house sitting by a fire. All of a sudden a snowball came crashing through his window, breaking it. Holmes got up and looked out the window just in time to see three neighborhood kids who were brothers run around a corner. Their names were John Crimson, Mark Crimson and Paul Crimson. The next day Holmes got a note on his door that read "? Crimson. He broke your window." Which of the three Crimson brothers should Sherlock Holmes question about the incident?
Mark Crimson: "?" = question MARK, so the note on the door reads "Question Mark Crimson. He broke your window."
- During WWII, there was a bridge connecting Germany and Switzerland, and on the German side, there was a sentry tower with a guard in it. He would come out every three minutes to check on the bridge, and he had orders to turn back anyone who tried to get into Germany, and shoot anyone trying to escape without a pass. There was a woman who desperately needed to get into Switzerland, and she knew she didn't have time to get a pass. It would take her at least six minutes to cross the bridge, but she managed to do it. How?
She walked on the bridge towards Switzerland for 3 minutes and just as the guard was about to come out, she turned around walking back to Germany. The guard saw her and asked for her pass but she didn't have one and was sent back (or what the guard thought was back) to Switzerland. In her case it was the very country she wanted to go to.
- A man can make perfect counterfeit bills. They look exactly like real ones, they're made of exactly the same materials, made the same way, everything. So perfect, one could pretty much call them real bills. One day he successfully makes a perfect copy of another bill. However, he gets caught when he tries to use the copy. How is this possible?
He made a perfect copy of a counterfeit bill.